Saturday, Dec 20, 2014
Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
Trending on the Journal

Recent Comments

1950Brutus - REBEL MEDIA: Bush v. Clinton...yawn - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
I think Carl is on his last legs and will be gone - none too soon. As for Dick M - finding out why he got ousted falls in the category of looking a gift weasel in the mouth. I will take this opportunity to repeat my creed - there is no such thing as a wasted vote if you vote for what you believe in.
DaveVictor - Mayor Moore talks garbage...again - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
So, those of using private haulers, who have been subsidizing garbage pick up for years for those who chose to use stickers, now get to pay even more? This isn't going to end well for the Kyle administration.
Givemeliberty - REBEL MEDIA: Bush v. Clinton...yawn - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
Been saying this for a couple years now, and I really heard about it last election cycle because I voted for Grimm instead of one of our two Chicago choices. Keep the faith, we're never gonna get a good candidate untill we start to peel off the "I voted for the lesser of two evils" cowards, and get them on our side. I always wondered why Dick Morris lost his job at FOX (as he should have)…
1950Brutus - \'Interview\' pulled after threat; U.S. says North Korea behind Sony hack - Quincy, IL News - Quincy
I decided to hold off prejudging the movie as "crap" but if I was betting money I would bet it is crap. Only thing that could save it "gratuitous nudity".
Givemeliberty - Mayor Moore talks garbage...again - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
I have been thinking the same thing, is there a $1000 tax in the works for UPS, FedEx and DHL? Maybe the Federal Government should take a page out of this administrations play book and levy a tax on their competitors trucks. and I am with you on the list of customers, that seems to be serious overreach on the part of any government. The s**t storm of the city rejecting privatization just keeps…

Most Popular

Quincy man formally charged with murder Updated

Cause of Quincy's Hotel Elkton fire undetermined at this time Updated Video

Quincy man allegedly violates animal cruelty law

Adams County Board to vote on quarter cent sales tax to build jail

Juvenile hit by car after shoplifting from Walmart

Hotel Elkton fire interviews Updated Video

Quincy man reported missing has been found

QPS Board approves higher 2014 tax levy

Healing Hearts holds meeting in August

4 months, 3 weeks ago from Blessing Hospital

The group meets Thursday, August 14, at 6:30 p.m.

Exercise will be the featured topic at the next meeting of the Healing Hearts support group. The group meets Thursday, August 14, at 6:30 p.m., in the Blessing Hospital Auditorium, 11th & Broadway, Quincy.

Dr. Irving Schwartz, cardiologist, Blessing Physician Services, will present, “Why Exercise?” A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle is one of the top risk factors for heart disease. Fortunately, it’s one you can do something about. Learn more about the benefits of regular aerobic exercise.

Healing Hearts focuses on life after heart surgery or pacemaker/defibrillator placement and is open to all patients, not just those who received heart care at Blessing Hospital.  The goal of the group is to provide information on heart related topics, education and expectations for living after heart care, as well as provide support for the patient, their family and friends.

Registration is not required, beverages will be provided.  For more information, contact Jeana Koster, RN, 217-223-8400, ext. 8918.

From the Newsroom

QuincyJournal on Twitter

QuincyJournal 20 minutes ago

Quinn taps long-time crony for comptroller - Jerry Stermer will serve as comptroller until January 12; Rauner will... http://t.co/JFSzX1jwaI
QuincyJournal on Twitter

QuincyJournal 21 minutes ago

Mays not seeking re-election to Quincy School Board - Former state representative served two terms on School Board http://t.co/soxFW7crAh
Bob Gough on Twitter

Bob Gough 52 minutes ago

RT @Devlin Barrett: Obama: "I wish (Sony) had spoken to me first I would have told them do not get into a pattern in which you’re intimidated..."
Bob Gough on Twitter