1 month, 1 week ago by Strawman
So, you’re in the market for some new shoes and you, while traveling to St. Louis, go to one of those outlet malls. This one is called OBAMAMALL and it’s loaded!!! “Great stuff for the whole family”, says the sign on the door. “Prices you can afford”, says another. You, being a white moron from the Midwest, can’t wait to park your Ford F-150 go into debt.
While heading to the front door you can’t help but overhear comments being made by empty handed shoppers heading to the parking lot.
“I certainly didn’t expect this kind of treatment,” says a black woman in her forties. “They advertised OBAMAMALL as the best place to shop EVER and I can’t even get in the place.”
Her friend, a portly Latina, was also annoyed. “I can’t believe all the personal stuff they asked me,” she said. “What was my income, how much did I weigh, did I smoke—AND—did I do drugs???” They needed to know all this BEFORE I could go shopping?”
Once arriving at the front door you’re greeted by a nice lady. She has a big smile, a polo shirt with the OBAMAMALL logo on the breast, a clip board and a pen. “You’ll have to fill out this form BEFORE we can let you enter,” she tells you.
You respond with “you just want to look around”, but she replies, “That’s nice, hun, but we need to know more about you before you can shop here. And with that she hands you a clipboard and tells you to fill out the questionnaire front and back. And so you do…..sort of.
Name, address, social security number, approximate weight, ailments, income, where you normally shop---and that was just the front side. You provide a few answers and then hand the clipboard back to the lady who, after glancing at it for a moment, hands it back to you.
“Sir, we’re going to need this filled out completely,” she said. “Those are the rules.” And with that she walks away and leaves you wondering just what the hell is going on.
And that, in a way, is what those attempting to peruse healthcare.gov have experienced since the first of the month. Basically the government wants you to show yours first---before they’ll show you theirs. Needing some Obamacare? Here are the steps citizen:
1. Go to healthcare.gov or call 800-318-2596.
2. Create a profile by providing basic information, such as your name, date of birth, Social Security number and income.
3. Look at the plans available. There are four levels: bronze, silver, gold and platinum, with varying levels of cost and services. All of the plans must cover a set of basic services, such as prescription drugs, maternity care, mental health services and emergency room visits.
4. See if you qualify for a subsidy. People who earn up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level can receive subsidies that will lower the cost of the health care premium. That includes individuals who earn up to $45,960. For a family of four, subsidies are available for those earning up to $94,200.
5. Choose a plan some time before March 31, 2014, the end of the open enrollment period.
It’s been documented to death (is that appropriate here?) that healthcare.gov has been a disaster and that the President and all those connected with Health and Human Services were totally unaware that this website wouldn’t be fully operational by the rollout date of October 1st. But it wasn’t—and it still isn’t and no one (especially working for this administration) knows when it will be. But you knew that, right?
Here’s my question: given the fact that this administration’s Department of Justice is suing Texas, North Carolina and six other states for mandating proper identification in order to vote, how can they justify asking the common taxpayer for private information in order to SHOP on healthcare.gov? Where’s the FAIRNESS here?
And you voted for this guy? Twice? Shame on you……