3 years, 1 month ago by
Twelve former RSVP volunteers were inducted into the RSVP Hall of Fame
Adams County Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) recently held its 38th annual recognition banquet on Tuesday, October 25, at the Quincy Senior and Family Resource Center.
Twelve former RSVP volunteers were inducted into the RSVP Hall of Fame. Inductees were as follows: William Abbott (deceased), Elizabeth Albertson (deceased); Warren Bard (deceased); Virginia Blentlinger (deceased); Lucy Drake (deceased), Vivian Duffy, Quincy; Rosalie Jacobs, Quincy; Max Johnson (deceased); Virgil Niewohner (deceased); Ruth Sheer (deceased); and Robert and Virginia Stark, Quincy.
Adams County Senior Citizens Council was given the Supporting Our Success award.
Special recognition was given to members who have been active in the program for a significant number of years. Those recognized were as follows:
· 30 years of service: Loretta Garrison, Quincy.
· 25 years of service: Dorothy Snyder, Quincy
· 20 years of service: Mary Lou Hensley, Ken Mehl, Bea Schwartz, Lois Steele, Marilyn Stieghorst, Janet Stockton all Quincy
· 15 years of service: Janice Pritchard, Clayton; Harriett Hull, Mendon; Jim Cahill, Dora Cheney, Bernice Colgrove, Alfred Ebbing, Evelyn Gengenbacher, Lois Lepper, Hazel Mills, Ralph Mortimore, Joann Thrasher, Mary Witte all of Quincy; and William Franklin McMullen, Taylor, Mo.
· 10 years of service: Pauline Allen, Payson; Alvera Bosse, Rosie Foster, Pat Groce, Francis Guither, Melvin Hopper, Cathern Hoyt, Marilyn Kuppler, Wanda O'Hara, Betty Peters, Barbara Reinhart, Ronald Reinhart, Marjorie Robertson, Loretta Rottman, Carlene Rouse, Bev Schuette, Robert Spring, Virginia Wolverton all of Quincy.
· Five years of service: Gene O'Leary, Camp Point; John Cooley, Coatsburg; Loretta Fuller, Payson; Don Altheide, Alvera Bardon, Barbara Bockhaus, Susan Bruce, Jerry Day, Pat Emerick, Ethel Finlay, Ben Giannell, Lucille Grawe, Rita Hildebrand, Martha Koetters, Phyllis LaRoche, Rosalyn Mast, Dorothy Masten, Inez Neuser, Mary Prior, Dolores Thomas, Judy Tribbett, Martha Tuley, Jana Wagner, Jean Walton, Joe Winkelmann, Patti Woodruff, Richard Woolfolk, all of Quincy; and Glenna Brandstatt, Palmyra, Mo.;