Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014
Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
Trending on the Journal

Recent Comments

UrKidsWillPay - City department heads justify budgets to aldermen - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
There ya go!
Righty1 - City department heads justify budgets to aldermen - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJournal.com
How about "City department heads review their proposed budgets with aldermen who never have to justify their own budgets."
UrKidsWillPay - Voter rights, crime victim rights amendments set for fall ballot so far - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJo
The common sense solution would be to require finger prints on ballots which would be scanned and compared to all other finger prints affixed to other ballots. Any duplicate prints would invalidate both votes and subject the person to investigation/prosecution for vote fraud. Until votes are validated there would only be provisional winners.
City Department Heads Present Budgets to Alderman.
ReardenShrugged - Petroleum Marketers, C-Stores, fight proposed Illinois gas tax hikes - Quincy, IL News - QuincyJourn
All business ownership is public record. Just search the Secretary of State business listings.

Most Popular

Park Board to put new Wavering Aquatic Center question on the ballot

Man arrested following south side stabbing

Adams Co. Jail to take in federal prisoners

Klingner wins Bonansinga Award

Petroleum Marketers, C-Stores, fight proposed Illinois gas tax hikes Updated Video

Preppers get ready for budget reality by begging for more

Home Builders, Illinois House look to weaken Fire Marshal authority

Poll shows Illinois voters overwhelmingly favor term limits

Bald eagles released in central Illinois

3 months, 3 weeks ago From Associated Press

Eagles freed near the Sangamon River

An Illinois bird rehabilitation center that wants to expand its facilities in the new year marked the end of 2013 with the successful release of two bald eagles.

The Illinois Raptor Center, located in central Illinois just west of Decatur, freed the eagles Saturday near the Sangamon River. One landed for a while several yards away and the other headed immediately toward the river.

Both were malnourished juveniles when they were recovered. One had badly damaged feathers at the time and required a year at the center to regrow a healthy, flight-worthy coat, the Herald & Review in Decatur reported (http://bit.ly/1a1Y0cZ ).

"Hopefully they will stick around and find some other eagles in the area," said the center's program director, Jacques Nuzzo, after shooing one of the birds off to freedom. "I'm confident they'll do well."

Bald eagles were removed from the U.S. endangered species list after their numbers rebounded during successful recovery programs. State protections remain in place for the bald eagles, thousands of which winter along Illinois rivers

The Illinois Raptor Center, established in 1991, takes in up to 300 protected birds a year, including owls, falcons and songbirds.

In 2014, the center plans to build a 300-foot-long flight facility that will enable eagles and other birds to exercise their wings prior to their release. Money is still being raised for the expansion, which is expected to cost up to $250,000.

"I intend for us to have the biggest one in the state," Nuzzo said.

From the Newsroom

QuincyJournal on Twitter

QuincyJournal 2 hours, 18 minutes ago

QU offering two new Masters programs for education - This program will be offered in a blended format both online ... http://t.co/ItZUaJWE7c
Bob Gough on Twitter

Bob Gough 3 hours, 4 minutes ago

@mthopf @DOB23 This came up at last month's curriculum meeting. I thought it was a joke...School Board will kill this. #maybe
QuincyJournal on Twitter

QuincyJournal 3 hours, 19 minutes ago

Culver-Stockton students recognized at state competition for student newspaper http://t.co/f2rgSVdQ81
QuincyJournal on Twitter

QuincyJournal 13 hours, 23 minutes ago

City department heads justify budgets to aldermen - City Council listens in budget hearings; Spending plan must be... http://t.co/5d6SzyBjEm