Greenfield Elementary students return following gas leak
5 months ago
UPDATED: The Greenfield Elementary students were only at Unity High School for a little more than an hour.
There was a gas leak at the elementary school but it was taken care of while the school was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Students at Greenfield Elementary School were taken to Unity High School in Mendon this morning because of a strong smell of natural gas in their school building.
Superintendent Diane Robertson said the kids were taken to Mendon at about 8:30 this morning as their school day was beginning.
Parents were notified through the school's REACH system.
The school district is waiting to hear from Nicor gas as to the cause of the smell and the seriousness of the problem.
Students at Greenfield elementary will be kept at the High School until it is determined whether they can go back to the school or will be sent home.