Community Foundation seeks committee and board members
8 months, 3 weeks ago
The Community Foundation of the Quincy Area is seeking prospects, representative of the communities served, for possible positions on its various committees and on the Board of Directors.
The Community Foundation encompasses 13 counties in the tri-states:
• Adams, Brown, Hancock, and Pike counties in Illinois;
• Clark, Lewis, Marion, Ralls, Pike, Knox, Shelby and Monroe counties in Missouri
• Lee in Iowa.
At this time, prospects with professional or volunteer experience and knowledge in the fields of arts, education, health, human services or marketing are encouraged to contact the organization.
Its mission is to connect people who care with causes that matter in the tri-states.
Its specific charitable interests are arts and culture, community betterment, education, health, and human services.
It works with donors to build funds that meet charitable purposes with a focus on permanently endowed funds.
It invests the funds for growth and income making grants from funds' earnings to assist nonprofit organizations and charitable causes throughout 13 counties in Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa.
Committee and Board members serve unpaid three-year terms. Ideal candidates for committees and board service:
· Know their communities, counties and the region
· Possess the ability to consider issues beyond their individual community, personal and professional interests to impact charitable needs and opportunities throughout the region
· Exemplify the virtues of trust and confidence
· Have served on committees or boards
· Will work to encourage philanthropy in their community, county and region
· Will take an active role in advancing the Community Foundation's mission and impact
For more information, call 217-222-1237, email email@example.com, go to www.mycommunityfoundation.org or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mycommunityfoundation.