City of Quincy Arts Awards nomination deadline approaching
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Awards to be presented in January
The 2012 City of Quincy Arts Awards will be honored with framed original artwork from the art students of Jennifer Teter, director of education, Quincy Art Center.
Awards will be presented at the January 8, noon meeting of the Quincy Rotary Club held at the Holiday Inn, 4821 Oak.
The deadline for nominations is Monday December 10. Forms are available at the Quincy Society of Fine Arts office, 300 Civic Center Plaza, or online at www.artsquincyforyou.com.
Nominations for the 2012 City of Quincy Arts Awards will be accepted in four categories:
(1) Arts Organization: A nonprofit organization that has made a substantial impact on the cultural development of this area demonstrated through exceptional artistic achievement, outstanding programming or other leadership activities.
(2) Individual Artist /Teacher: A living artist or teacher, residing in Adams County, who has made a significant contribution in his/her artistic discipline and to the arts in Quincy and Adams County in Illinois.
(3) Business Leadership: A local business or corporation that has demonstrated a significant commitment to the arts, recognizing the imperative role of public/private partnership. This commitment may be in the form of financial, personnel and/or research.
(4) Individual Volunteer Leadership: A volunteer who has consistently supported the arts through a commitment of personal time, energy and devotion.
The 2011 City of Quincy Arts Award winners were:
* Historical Society of Quincy and Adams County, Arts Organization
* Media Development and ETC Computerland,Business Leadership
* John Gebhardt, Volunteer Leadership
* Brandon Thomsen, Individual Artist/Teacher
For additional information call the Quincy Society of Fine Arts @ 217-222-3432.