9 months, 1 week ago ChicagoBusiness.com
Nine companies, including Comcast Corp. and software firm Intuit Inc., warn of job cuts
Nine companies, including Comcast Corp. and software firm Intuit Inc., warn of 738 Illinois job cuts in a new state report.
More than 500 of the cuts are in the Chicago area, according to the July WARN report from the state's Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
• Philadelphia-based Comcast plans to lay off 112 workers in southwest suburban Romeoville starting Sept. 14.
• Mountain View, California-based Intuit will lay off 104 workers in Arlington Heights starting Sept. 15.
• Commercial real estate company Equity Office Management LLC will cut 48 workers in Chicago starting at the end of September.
• Fairfield, California-based confectionery maker Jelly Belly Candy Co. is cutting 66 workers in North Chicago. The company said laid-off workers will receive outplacement services and also will be able to explore job transfers to other company locations.
• We Clean Maintenance & Supplies Inc. in Bedford Park will lay off 107 workers in Chicago. The layoffs come at the request of a client, a spokeswoman said.